Building on a foundation of pharmacokinetics and the neurobiology of psychiatric disease, the pharmacodynamics of each drug class is analyzed in terms of practical application with relevant case studies.
Taught by pharmacology expert and nationally acclaimed presenter, Dr. Sally Miller, this course is appropriate for psychiatric mental health NPs and NPs from all specialty settings who manage patients on any of these therapies and for students in PMHNP programs, who need a 30-hour psychopharmacology-specific course. Topics covered include:
• Neurobiology of psychiatric disorders
• Mood stabilizers
• Psychostimulants and other ADD/ADHD medications
• Pharmacologic management of dementing disorders
• Pharmacologic management of substance abuse disorders
• Pharmacologic management of sleep disorders