Prerequisite: This program is designed for the primary care providers who have mastered the basic principles of 12-lead ECG Interpretation: A Primary Care Perspective. Building upon the basic course, this program provides a more in-depth presentation of cardiac electrical activity followed by a 5-step approach to the interpretation of acute and chronic conditions evident of the 12-lead ECG.
This program features an interactive format, allowing you to follow along as the ECG tracings are interpreted. Upon successful completion of the course the student will have acquired a systematic approach to assessing the 12-lead ECG, in particular evaluating:
- Hexaxial axis determination.
- Left and right bundle branch block.
- Pericarditis versus acute myocardial problems.
- Multi-chamber hypertrophy.
- Atrial abnormalities.
- Atypical presentation of myocardial events.
- Subendocardial vs transmural myocardial infarction.
This course provides 4.3 of the 30 continuing emergency care education hours in emergency care procedural skills required to sit for the AANPCB Emergency NP Exam under ENP Option 1.