The new edition of this award-winning text, written by renowned NP educator and certification preparation expert Dr. Margaret Fitzgerald, is the only book that teaches the how, what and why of NP practice, critical to passing the NP boards. An excellent resource for NP students, NPs preparing for certification, and NPs in clinical practice, Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination and Practice Preparation, 6th edition, is the essential text for certification review. The 6th edition is updated to reflect the latest guidelines, recommendations, diagnostic and treatment protocols. A required textbook in more than 191 NP programs.
New to this edition:
Understand disorders and their relevance to clinical practice:
- High-yield content is followed by multiple-choice questions and detailed rationales for both correct and incorrect responses.
- Emphasis on analysis and synthesis of knowledge enhance your diagnostic and treatment reasoning skills.
- A wealth of algorithms, tables, and charts facilitate retention of detail, and offer rapid review when prepping for exams.
- Index of Disorders makes it easy to find exactly what you want to study.
Test your knowledge:
- More than 2,500 board-style questions represent every major clinical condition.
- In-depth discussions of disorders with the appropriate diagnoses and treatments, plus review questions to assess your comprehension.
- Test-taking techniques help you use your time effectively.
- Comprehensive online practice exams assess your progress and identify areas for additional study.